Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kony Campaign wrap-up

I see the Kony 2012 "campaign" nonsense has died down. Any opinions on it now? Is your opinion of the campaign and Invisible Children any different than it was when you first heard about it?


I'll make this short. I expressed my skepticism when the Kony2012 campaign video went viral. The youtube video was propaganda-esque and anyone who has ever had an encounter with an aggressive salesman could see that in the video. Again, I just think people want to be in the know and feel as though they are well informed about world issues....and thats fine as long as youre well informed on the correct information...not misleading, pseudo-political/social truths televised to grab the attention of and play on the emotions of people who just want to be "in the know."


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment