Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I used to be in love with Chictopia and I still think it's a great community. When I first joined, I felt like the site celebrated style not necessarily just fashion. It felt like I was a part of a community of regular people with great style from all around the world. I was lucky enough to be selected as a Forum Advisor for the site and I noticed that a lot of people were complaining in the forums about fashion being celebrated more than style. I haven't been there in a while because I started to feel like it became too much of a popularity contest. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this. Seems like school all over again. Like the HS cheerleader who wore all the "hip" styles that you couldn't really figure out if that was really her style or if she was just trying to be noticed for being trendy. The focus seemed to shift from style to trendy fashion. Some of the most stylish people that are a part of the community seemed to take a back seat to the people who followed ALL the fashion trends. I may revisit the community, but for now I think I'll just document here.

No comments:

Post a Comment