Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Hetero Privilege

You know what gets under my skin? When straight women assume that just because I'm a lesbian without children or a "man", that my life and responsibilities aren't as important as theirs. "Girl, you don't have kids. You can go with us" or "My man said......well you wouldn't understand" and "We've been together for 5 years. Yall have us beat.................but that's different".  I tweeted about this not too long ago. Yes, I'm a lesbian but we work, we have VALID relationships, we go to school and we have hobbies. We don't sit around and play ring-around-the-homo all day. What the fuck makes your orthodox morals, mediocre (but embellished) life, and hetero/patriarchal relationship superior to mine? *crickets*............oh yea, privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment